How to measure your pet
To measure your dog properly you should use a soft tape measure and measure your dog while standing. Please do not assume your dog's size. All dogs vary in size even in cases of the same breed.
- Back Length - Place tape measure on your dog's shoulder blades and measure to the base of the tail.
- Chest - Again place tape measure on the dog's shoulder blades and measure right around the chest at the deepest point. This is usually following the line from the shoulder blades downwards just behind the front legs.
- Neck - For clothing and harnesses measure around the dog's neck at the widest point where the neck meets the body.
When purchasing collars, please measure half way up the neck and bear in mind that for a comfortable fit you must allow space of one or two fingers between the collar and your dog's neck.
Please always take into account there might be a deviation of 1 - 2 centemiteres or 0.4 - 0.8 inches from the sizing tables in very few cases.
- Put your pet's paw on a blank piece of paper
- In order to measure the length mark from the longest toenail to the back of the paw
- In order to measure the width mark the widest part of the paw from the left to the right
- Measure the distance between the marks
- Refer to the size chart
- Between two sizes choose the largest one